Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Carbonic Gas

Last Friday I was in Lyons , Oregon taking part in a water experimentation involving what is known as “carbonic gas”.  The problem typically involves well water and many times people who utilize Enagic machines (or any type of water ionizer) struggle with this complication.  (To be exact, the only municipal water I’ve ever found with this issue was in Tigard , Oregon where the Willamette River breeds all manner of complications as anyone who lives local to the area is all-too-familiar.)  But back to the point…carbonic gas is not a well-understood complication.  Truly few have heard of it and fewer still understand it.  It involves rain water or surface water which picks up carbon dioxide.  This CO2 is then held in suspension unless acted upon by enough filtering dirt or calcium, etc.  It turns out this is prevalent in well water throughout the Western side of the state.  We have typically soft water with low mineral counts and while each well is different, it affects many of the people who purchase our machines.  They simply cannot retain the properties of Kangen Water® the way the rest of us can.   Traveling around like I do, I’ve seen well waters that, after treating them with an Enagic machine begin a gradual decline in properties ranging from a few minutes to literally a few seconds.  The ultimate challenge I witnessed was a well in Scappoose.  The water coming directly out of our machine there in Scappoose measured a pH of somewhere upwards of 9.0 as it hit the bottom of an empty cup and by the time it splashed to the top, it had reverted to a pH of somewhere around 6.0 !!!  It shocked me!  That is a change in pH of 1,000 times!!  (The lady of the house had cancer.  Is it any surprise?) 

 

My wife, who is a chemist working for one of the largest laboratory chains in the US , had the water from one of these wells tested.  The technicians who tested it did discover what we were describing, but were unable to determine how to rid the water of it.  Since then I’ve spoken with water quality technicians around the country and while those select people recognize the issue, none have been able to adequately provide a remedy.  So that is what is I was involved with on Friday.  I came into contact with a (younger) man who just earned his water quality certifications, and who recently graduated from Oregon State University .  He is now  interested in trying to solve this puzzle.  He and I mixed and matched various compounds (“medias”) and ran the results through a machine connected to a well producing water with carbonic gas and measuring 6.5pH which is obviously too acidic.  While we certainly were able to improve the situation and make Kangen Water® that was at least passable, he and I were unable to make it exact.  He has a scientific mind-set and is personally intrigued by trying to figure out how to unlock this door.  Of course that is what I’ve been wanting to discover for some time, so I’m greatly looking forward to what may come of it!!  I certainly did not fail to inform him that I’ll keep him busy with this if we can put keys to this puzzle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment