Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Growing up a little too fast

Today my 18 year-old son is pondering the idea of two summer jobs.  He has a good shot at getting a security job for a helicopter company part time (he ultimately wants to become a pilot), or a certain job working for a chemistry laboratory cleaning and preparing instruments which would also be a part-time position.  He’s a great worker, strong, friendly, and he knows how to stay busy.  (He’s worked for me part-time across several years.)  However, he is my oldest son and the idea of him getting a “real” job at a distance is something I find myself feeling sad over.  How am I going to handle him eventually leaving the nest as it were?  I won’t think about that now.  He’ll be here a couple more years while attending community college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment